Bridgeside has a long history in Cascade Locks
The Charburger has a new name! Bridgeside restaurant in Cascade Locks, Oregon, is a historic restaurant next to the landmark Bridge of the Gods. With outstanding Columbia River views, Bridgeside has been a dining destination and popular travel stop for over six decades. Here’s a brief history. We’d like to hear from you to expand on it…
- 1946 -- Originally built as a drive-in style restaurant by the Clarks
- In 1953 the Clarks sold to Bill Tumlinson
- Charburger was purchased by Les Bausch in 1963 from Bill Tumlinson
- In 1972, Bausch replaced the drive-in with a new building -- the current cafeteria-style restaurant.
- Sam Hill's Den was later opened to serve as special event space, and for catering.
- In 2013, DM Stevenson Ranch purchased the Cascade Locks Charburger from Les Bausch's son and daughter-in-law, Dan and Judy Bausch.
- 2014 remodeling included interior and exterior improvements, deep cleaning, painting, new tabletops, plus bathroom remodel. A new kitchen was installed, complete with all-new equipment, floor, ceiling and wall finishes, plus new HVAC and hood ventilation systems.
- In 2015, Charburger’s name was changed to Bridgeside. The new name better describes the restaurant’s incredible location with river views, next to the Bridge of the Gods. It also reflects its broader menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Plans are to continue serving affordable, home-style food, focusing on char-broiled burgers, with other menu options, too. The banquet room and special event terrace is named Bridgeside Terrace, a beautiful spot for private parties.